Apartment in Songdo
GCF ( Green Climate Fund ) Korea
- Given the urgency and seriousness of climate change, the purpose of the Fund is to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change. The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
The Fund will be guided by the principles and provisions of the Convention.
Green technology such as LED lighting and solar water heaters are fully utilized.
The I-Tower is dedicated to fulfilling its public purpose and will fully support the successful operation of the Green Climate Fund.
(International organizations such as UN ESCAP, UN APCICT, UN ISDR and local government facilities are planned to relocate to the I-Tower.) - Up to 15 floors (21,500m2) of office space (43m2 per person, total 500 persons) will be available.
- Three major state-of-the-art conference facilities (one with over 400 seats and two that seat over 100 people)
- 2~3 small meeting rooms (for 7-15 persons) are available on each floor.
- Offices dedicated to LDCs, SIDs and other groups
- Prayer rooms
The I-Tower is also equipped with:
- An integrated security control system that meets UN security standards
(security check points for limited access).
- High-speed wireless internet service with 4G networks
- Advanced video conference facilities.
The Other amenities available for the Green Climate Fund staff's convenience include a staff cafeteria, gourmet restaurants, fitness center and an in-house library. In addition, the staff can enjoy a breath-taking view of the ocean, while a complete view of the city and sunset is available from the Rooftop Garden. Also, the building lobby utilizes natural lighting to provide a relaxing environment. A global service center will provide the Green Climate Fund staff with on-site administrative service and other support, and there will be a child-care center to support staff with young children.
Next to the I-Tower lies central park (411,324m2) creating an eco-friendly urban environment. In addition, international schools, abundant residential areas and commercial facilities can easily be reached.
Current Member of the GCF ( Green Climate Fund )
|Developing Country||Asia||China||Developed Country||EU Members||The UK|
|Central and South America||Mexico||France|