Driver LicenseHow to Convert Your Current License
- If you want to change your current license to a Korean driver's, follow the steps below : There are twenty-four Driver's License Examination Offices in charge of license application and issuance.
Seoul Apartments - Required documents : translated and notarized driver's license issued by your own country of origin Passport or certificate of immigration / 4 photos (3*4 cm)
- It usually takes 7 to 10 days to get a Korean driver's license
- The translation and notarization fees are to be paid by the requester (A signature of a translator is required) For First Time Driver's License Getting a first time driver's license requires the following procedures : - Minimum residence for a foreigner is 6 months or more left to stay in Korea
- Complete the same application form as required for Korean citizens, application fee is 7,000 won
- Required documents : passport or Alien Registration Certificate / 4 photos (3*4 cm)
- Examinations are given in English, French, German, Japanese and Chinese.
- The length of the license term varies from 3 to 7 years depending on the license type (commercial or passenger)
- A physical examination (an eye examination) is also required, the fee is 7,000 won Driver's License Renewal Seoul Apartments A Korean driver's license is valid for seven years. You can renew the license three months in advance of the expiration date (every seven years). Your photo (3*4 cm), your current driver's license, and renewal fees are required. Driver's License Testing Sites in Seoul
|Testing Sites||Tel||Testing Sites||Tel|
|Kangnam Driver's License Testing Site||555-0855||Sobu Driver's License Testing Site||374-6811|
|Kangso Driver's License Testing Site||666-4500||1Tobong Driver's License Testing Site||934-7000|